You Know a Tree by Its Fruit Sept 17, 2020 16:14:32 GMT
Post by Susan Peabody on Sept 17, 2020 16:14:32 GMT
I have received the Holy Spirit. It was the greatest gift I have ever been given. The first month it filled me with euphoria. People said I was manic from the joy I was receiving and it frightened them. When I calmed down a little I was called to serve God by working with children. The most amazing part was a new confidence in the scripture and Jesus Christ. I had spent so many years loving God but being unsure about Jesus. Now that is all behind me.
You know a tree by its fruit. You know the Holy Spirit has come by the ways you have changed. I went from being anti-social to being friendly. I was no longer afraid. I came to believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and was resurrected. Here is a list of changes that took place in me.
1. I saw clearly for the first time.
2. I knew a new freedom and a new happiness.
3. I did not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
4. I comprehended the word serenity and knew peace.
5. Despite all the sins I had committed, I could see how my experiences could benefit others.
6. My feelings of uselessness and self-pity disappeared.
7. I lost interest in selfish things and gained interest in others.
8. My self-seeking slipped away.
9. My whole attitude and outlook upon life changed.
10. My fear of people and of economic insecurity left me.
11. I intuitively knew how to handle situations which used to baffle me.
12. I suddenly realized that God is doing for me what I could not do for myself.
13. When it came to Christ I felt:
⋅ Courageous, when before they I terrified;
⋅ I felt guided, when before I felt lost;
⋅ I felt loved, when before I felt abandoned;
⋅ I felt wise, when before I felt confused;
⋅ I felt hopeful, when before I felt despair;
⋅ I felt as if I was at the start of a glorious new journey, when before I felt near death.